I found this recipe on : http://www.kalewithlove.com and just had to share it!
Makes 12 Almond Butter Cups
- Use muffin liners as if making muffins in a muffin tray.
- Place 1/2 cup chocolate chips in a bowl placed atop a pot of boiling water. Stir gently. This will melt your chocolate.
- Distribute a small spoon of melted chocolate in each muffin liner. Use knife to spread evenly.
- Allow to cool and harden in refrigerator for minimum 15 minutes.
- Melt remaining chocolate, and cover each cup completely. Again, lightly use a knife to spread evenly.
- Optional: place 1 or 2 almonds on top of each cup.
- Place cups in refrigerator for minimum 30 minutes. Once hardened and cooled, remove muffin liners, and relish in the delicacy of this home-cooked healthy treat.
Seeing that I am still extremely new to this Eat Clean lifestyle-this is my very first weekend to try and be good with all of the temptations that surround me trying to trap me. I will NOT give in! I’ve decided to share a few recipes I have found that will lure you away from all of the yumminess that surrounds you, that will seriously put you back to square 1! DO YOU REALLY WANT THAT??? I didn’t think so. I found this recipe on http://www.eatclean.co.za and I think it is a great way to add something sweet into your day, so you don’t swerve towards all of the dangerous cakes, cookies, and sweets around you house or at the shop!
- 5 dates
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1-2 scoops whey protein
- 10 almonds
- 2 tablespoons goji berries
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
TELL ME HOW TO MAKE THESE:
- Chop dates finely and place almonds in water to soak, once soaked for about 10 minutes-chop almonds up.
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT shredded coconut in a food processor and mix, until well combined and a smooth texture.
- Roll mixture into balls.
- Lightly dip the balls into WARM water and roll in shredded coconut until you’re happy with the coverage.
- Place in the fridge for NO LESS than 30 minutes!
I have found another mouth watering recipe by Sunika Nattrass which is a great idea for dinner tonight! Why not try it out? It looks absolutely divine! What a treat!
- Red and yellow bell peppers
- Rocket and Avocado for topping
TELL ME HOW TO MAKE THIS:
- Fry about 1/2 a red pepper, 1/4 onion, and 5 halved cherry tomatoes in some oil of your choice.
- Add a handful of biltong, and fry a little more.
- Season to taste.
- Add 2 beaten eggs over, put the lid on and cook slow, until the egg is all done.
- Top with Tobasco Sauce, half an avo and as much rocket as you fancy. It’s amazing!